Alyesha spends most of her time as a Teaching Artist and Mentor. She regularly visits classrooms, detention centers and other youth facilities to teach workshops or perform. In addition to poetry, Alyesha has taught workshops and classes in etiquette, life skills and public speaking. Her student audience is far from limited, having worked with a large number of groups, from kindergarten to college-level to the elderly.
*Her poetry was used as part of the lesson plan and final exam in the Creative Writing II class at Holy Cross High School in Delran, NJ. To this day, Ms. Wise's work continues to be used in educational settings across the country.
Past and Present Positions
- Coach/Mentor - Get Lit Words Ignite (Los Angeles, Ca. Current)
- F.L.O.W. Instructor - New Earth (Los Angeles County, Ca. 2014-2016)
- Teaching Artist - Youth Art & Self-empowerment Project (Philadelphia, Pa. 2013)
- Independent Contractor - Woodrow Wilson High School (Camden, NJ. 2013)
- Teaching Artist - Mural Arts Program of Philadelphia/ Project H.O.M.E. (Philadelphia, Pa. 2012)
- Saturday School Teacher - KIPP Charter School (Philadelphia, Pa. 2011-2012)
- Poetry Teacher - William Dick Elementary School (Philadelphia, Pa. 2010-2011)
- Mentor - Philly Youth Poetry Movement (Philadelphia, Pa. 2009-2012)
- Director of Education - The Lyrical Playground (Philadelphia, Pa. 2009-2011)